This data-file contains all our data on the energy economics of e-scooters, a transformational technology for urban mobility, where demand has exploded in 2018 and 2019. And for good reason. The data-file includes:
- Our projections of the oil demand destroyed by scooters
- Our projections of the electricity demand created by scooters
- Number of US travel-trips using shared bikes and scooters from 2010-18
- Scooter costs versus car and taxi costs per mile
- Average ranges and battery sizes of incumbent scooter models
- Relative energy economics of scooters versus gasoline cars and EVs
- Relative time taken to charge scooters versus EVs using solar panels
- The proportion of scooter trips that replace gasoline car trips in eight cities
- Profiles of the top 4 e-scooter companies
- A timeline of shared mobility from 1965 to 2018.
The download will also enable you to adjust the input assumptions, to test different scenarios.